What Resources Must a Truck Wreck Lawyer Read?
Before taking on a truck wreck case, lawyers must read the following authoritative sources:
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- U.S. Code of Federal Regulations
- The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations Handbook, J.J. Keller (updated quarterly)
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, Interstate Truck Driver's Guide to Hours of Service, FMCSA
- Commercial Driver License Manual, AAMVA
- Commercial Vehicle, Preventable Accident Manual, J. Keller
- Tractor-Trailer Driver Training Manual, J. Keller
- Out-of-Service Criteria - CVSA – Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance, CVSA
- Entry-Level Driving Training, Obtaining a CDL,J. Keller
- Delmar's Tractor-Trailer Truck Driver Training, Alice Adams
- Defensive Driver Manuals, Smith System
- Roadside Inspections Handbook, J. Keller
- Safe Practices for Motor Vehicle Operations, The American National Standards Institute
- Motor Fleet Safety Manual, National Safety Council
- As many Motor Carrier manuals and policies as you can find
Restatement of Torts 295A- Comment b
- Any such custom, of other truck drivers or truck companies under like circumstances, is “always a factor to be taken into account in determining whether the actor has been negligent.”
- Another truck company's safety policy is evidence indicating a “composite judgment as to the risks of the situation and…the feasibility of such precautions.”
Read every word of these regulations and manuals. They will be the building blocks of every case.
Co-Counsel with Hagen Nares PLLC
Co-counseling allows lawyers to pool their resources, expertise, and experience to provide their clients with the best possible representation. By working together, lawyers can share the workload, conduct a more thorough investigation, and develop a stronger case strategy. Additionally, co-counseling can provide opportunities for professional growth and development by allowing lawyers to learn from one another and expand their knowledge and skills. Ultimately, co-counseling can result in better outcomes for clients, a stronger legal community, and a more just society. Call 720-772-8513 today to schedule a free 1-hour strategy call to discuss your truck wreck case.