Contact Us for a Free Consultation 720-772-8513

How to Obtain an Incident Report

To obtain a copy of an incident report after a car wreck in Colorado, you can follow these steps:

  1. Contact the law enforcement agency: Determine which law enforcement agency responded to the accident. It could be the local police department, county sheriff's office, or the Colorado State Patrol. If you're unsure, you can contact the non-emergency number for the police department in the jurisdiction where the accident occurred to inquire about the agency involved.

  2. Gather necessary information: When contacting the law enforcement agency, be prepared to provide them with specific details about the accident, such as the date, time, and location of the incident. It's also helpful to have the names of the parties involved and any identification numbers related to the accident, such as the police report number, if available.

  3. Submit a request: Once you have the necessary information, request a copy of the incident report from the law enforcement agency. You can typically do this by phone, in person, or through their website. Ask about their preferred method of request submission and any associated fees for obtaining the report.

  4. Provide identification and payment: Depending on the agency's requirements, you may need to provide a valid form of identification, such as a driver's license, and pay a fee to obtain the copy of the incident report. The fee can vary among different agencies.

  5. Follow up and collect the report: After submitting your request and completing any necessary paperwork, inquire about the estimated processing time. Follow up with the agency to ensure that your request is being processed and to confirm when and where you can collect the incident report. Some agencies may offer the option to receive the report electronically or by mail.

It's important to note that the specific process and requirements may vary between different law enforcement agencies in Colorado. Therefore, it's recommended to contact the agency involved directly for precise instructions on obtaining a copy of the incident report.

Contact an Auto Accident Lawyer in Colorado Today

If you've been in an auto accident and are considering filing a lawsuit, contact one of our personal injury attorneys at Hagen Nares PLLC today for a Free Consultation. We can answer your questions, put together a strong case, and fight for the compensation you deserve. Call 720-772-8513 today or fill out our online form today.

Licensed in Colorado, Michigan, Texas, and New York

Serving those located throughout Colorado

We Co-Counsel Trucking and Brain Injury cases nationally

Contact Us Today